Sunday, July 22, 2018

Your Next Stamp Christmas In July Card

Hello fellow crafter.

Today is Christmas in July over at the Your Next Stamp blog. (CLICK HERE!) to visit the blog and to check out all of the awesome inspiration that the design team and special guests have created. It's 6 months until Christmas and I know that I've already started planning. I'm sure like most of you, I love the holiday season. So when I saw the them for this month's Feature Day, heck yeah! I was excited! I was really looking forward to making a holiday card.



I used the Your Next Stamp Reinbeer stamp set and coordinating die to create the focal point of my card today. I started with a piece of Ranger watercolor paper. This brand of watercolor paper is very white compared to most. It also has a smooth side and a rough side, like traditional watercolor paper.
I like to use the smooth side, especially when stamping directly onto this paper. It has less grooves for your stamp to skip ink.

I pulled out an assortment of Christmas Distress Ink colors. I ended up using the following colors of Distress Ink on the background of this project. Candied Apple, Barn Door, Fired Brick, Mowed Lawn, Lucky Clover, Pine and Needles. I ink-smooshed those six inks onto a piece of Ranger watercolor paper. I used Hero Arts Iridescent Shimmer Spritz to spray and blend the inks together. I would place a small amount of ink directly from the ink cube on a piece of packaging from a stamp set that I cut down into a square.



I would spray the little square piece of plastic with the shimmer spritz to wet the ink before smooshing it down onto the watercolor paper. I did this in many variations with all six ink colors I selected above. I also sprayed the entire background with the same shimmer spritz and cut down that panel with the Your Next Stamp Stitched Rectangle Die set (second from largest).

I then placed the Your Next Stamp Tree Splatter background stamp into the Mini Misti I use to stamp with, and centered it to stamp in the center of my watercolored piece. I stamped the background trees with Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I added some dimension to the back of this panel using black craft foam and Scrapbook.com double-sided adhesive. I placed the background on an A2 top folding Simon Says Stamp card base.


I stamped the Reinbeer image from the Your Next Stamp Reinbeer stamp set with Your Next Stamp Black Olive Ink and colored it with my Copic Markers. I used his coordinating die to cut him out. I popped him up on the background with Scotch 3M foam tape. I added a touch of Gelly Roll Stardust Glitter Pen to his antlers to make them sparkle and shine.

I then stamped the sentiment, also from the Reinbeer stamp set. I stamped it on Lawn Fawn Black Licorice Cardstock with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Hero Arts Ultra Fine White embossing powder. I used a Heffy Doodle Strips of Ease Die to cut out the sentiment. I put it on a frame of Tonic Studios Glitter Cardstock in the color Sugar Crystal. This glitter paper tends to pick up the colors around it in it glimmer. I popped the completed sentiment up with 3M foam tape and mounted it right under the Reinbeer.

As for the string of lights curled up in his antlers. I made that out of Papertrey ink Jet black twine and some Christmas light charms that I can not for the life of me remember where or even when I bought them. I just hung the lights on the twine secured it behind the card panel and then used glue dots to keep them in place. All the while wrapping them around my Reinbeers antlers.

Thank you for stoping by my blog today. Link for the supplies used on this project are linked below. Don't forget to (CLICK HERE!) and visit the Your Next Stamp blog for more Christmas in July fun!

Koren


12 comments:

  1. This is the cutest stamp ever. Very fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card Koren, it would bring a smile to anyone's face at Christmas, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks AWESOME! Love your colouring and how you added the splatter of trees behind the image! So cool! Adding in the light bulbs is a great touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome background and I LOVE the reindeer beer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I LOVE Reinbeer! Fab background too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this set! Such a well done job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! I love your background and the Reinbeer is one of my favorite stamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. So festive with the Christmas colors and lights.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is too stinkin' cute! I *LOVE* the colors, and those lights are the perfect finishing touch! :)


    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete