Tuesday, October 8, 2019

MFT & Friends October Release

https://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=481500&u=1535136&m=47433

Hello everyone.

I am so happy to be joining MFT  in celebration of their NEW October release and it is full of festive products, sure to get your holiday crafting underway. I absolutely love the cards I am sharing with you today. To check out the MFT & Friends post over on the blog (CLICK HERE!) and see all of the design team and guest designer inspiration using the new release. I will also be sharing more cards over on Instagram so check my grid later today for more MFT  October release inspiration.



For my first card today I started with a piece of Poppy cardstock cut to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4. I used my Picket Fence Studios Blender Brushes to add some Distress Oxide ink in Ground Espresso to the outside edges. I made sure to leave the center of the panel that pure bright poppy red color.

I used the NEW Merry and Bright Die to cut the words from Papertrey Ink’s Harvest Gold cardstock. I cut it four times and layered them each together using Nuvo Liquid Deluxe Adhesive. This creates a nice thick die cut sentiment that becomes the focal point of your card.



To enhance my card further, I placed both the red background and the yellow word die into my splat box. I mixed a little of the Gansi Tambi Starry Colors #903 and placed a small amount of it onto an acrylic block. I then picked it up with a small round Nuvo Paint Brush and applied it to the card elements. I did concentrate most of the splatter onto the center of the background panel the best I could, but other than that, I was still generous with my splatter.

I adhered the word die along with the same liquid adhesive. The background panel was popped up using black craft foam and Craft Perfect tear tape adhesive. I popped it up onto a Simon Says Stamp Fog card base cut to size A2 and scored in a top folding portrait orientation.

As for my second card I started with a piece of Kraft cardstock, and loaded it, along with many of the images from the NEW MFT Stamps Reindeer Games stamp set. I scattered the images throughout the background as if I were designing my own patterned paper. I saw an image on Pinterest that inspired this design. It was of Christmas wrapping paper. It was adorable and the reason why I made this card. I stamped the images in Nuvo Clear Mark Embossing ink. I heat embossed them using Ranger White embossing powder.



To color them, I used my Derwent Inktense pencils. To use watercolor on non-watercolor paper is a real gamble sometimes. You can easily add too much water and destroy your project. So, I added the smallest amount possible to move the color around on my card without it pilling or warping. I only used two colors. I added Red where I thought the red should be and brown, where I thought brown would be. To make it a little more interesting I also filled in the white spots with a Gelly Roll white gel pen. I cut this panel down to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4.



I grabbed some white twine from my stash and wrapped around the panel just like I were wrapping a Christmas present. Before tying a bow in the front, I added a small tag that I cut using MFT’s Blueprints 1 that I think I’ve owned my entire life : ) I cut it out using the same Poppy cardstock as before. I stamped “for you” from the NEW Reindeer Games stamp set with embossing ink and used the same white embossing powder to heat emboss it. I added it to my twine and tied it into a bow. The tag was then popped up using Craft Perfect foam squares so that It would stay in place. I also added a Glue Dot beneath the bow in order to secure it in place.



I added this panel to a Simon Says Stamp Fog card base also in size A2 using tear tape adhesive and craft foam.

I hope that you enjoyed my projects today. Make sure you (CLICK HERE!) to visit MFT Stamps online store and blog to find tons of October release inspiration. I will have more on my Instagram feed later today.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Koren



36 comments:

  1. Awesome work with great backgrounds!! Can't go wrong with kraft and white :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job ay letting the words take the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I love the clean and simple designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the poppy cardstock, and that second card really does look like a present!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red background is amazing!!!!! I love the colors you chose all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both your cards, but the cardstock you used on the first one is fantastic, just love the rich, elegant look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards. I love the colors and simplicity of the first one and great idea just emphasizing one on the second! Plus I love the white on the Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your backgrounds and that splatter on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards love the elegance of the first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blended background on the first and the second's delicate colouring, both beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cards Koren! Plus, I'm geekin out that you're on the MFT design team! Two of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both your cards are lovely. The beautiful red and gold of the first card and the cutest reindeer of the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful classic card, and I really love the reindeer card with the white embossing on Kraft card stock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that your card looks like a package! great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The gold and red, deep red, look amazing together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute cards! I like the white embossing on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fantastic! That first one really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bold and beautiful die cut

    ReplyDelete
  19. As first, I really liked small drops on first card. Later, I saw thatwith present box... wow, great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both cards - especially the first which is just stunning! I didn't buy the merry and bright die, but it will be first on the list for my next order.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your "brown paper package tied up with string"!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your first card is lovely with the ink blending and spatters. I love the way you arranged the stamps on the second card. These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome cards Koren! Love the fresh clean look of the first one but the "wrapping paper"on the second one blew my mind! You did an amazing job showcasing the new release!Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both are unique with the first having lovely dark coloring around the edges with the big sentiment, and the second as wrapping paper loot to it and tied up as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  25. super cards - really love your Kraft card project - very nice

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous cards! I love both styles! The gold on red is fantastic and love the gift wrapping twine in the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome cards! Love your 'merry and bright' card with that gorgeous, rich red background! And such sweet images on your second card! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing cards! You've achieved such richness and depth in wonderfully clean designs.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love that merry and bright card! Simple but stunning!

    ReplyDelete