Friday, September 22, 2017

Your Next Stamp Challenge #73 Card Video

Hello fellow card makers.

Today I am sharing the card I made for Your Next Stamp Challenge #73. This is a biweekly challenge on the Your Next Stamp Blog that is both a sketch and/or color combo challenge. I hope you can play along with us in this week's challenge (CLICK HERE!). Here is a look at both the sketch and the color combo for this weeks challenge.




I fancy myself a clean and simple card maker or some type of hybrid of that style, so typically I'm not as inspired by the sketch as I am the color combinations. The color combinations usually push me outside of my comfort zone and force me to experience new designs. I was really inspired by the photo next to the colors. I thought about using some wood grain and some scripty word die, but ultimately I used the colors to create a group of dressed up candy corn.

I took a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock to ink-blend a little bit of a background for my images to be grounded to. I used Distress ink Black Soot and Hickory smoke. The color peeks out from behind my images at the top and the bottom. I trimmed the background down to leave a half inch strip of patterned paper exposed at the bottom of my A2 sized card. The patterned paper is from Bo Bunny's Head Over Heels 6x6 paper pack. The watercolor piece is popped up with a piece of craft foam adhered behind it with tape runner adhesive.

My images were stamped with Your Next Stamp Black Olive ink and grouped on a piece of Neenah 80lb cardstock. The images are from Your Next Stamp Fab-Boo-lous Halloween stamp set. I do not have the coordinating dies for this set but they are available in the Your Next Stamp online store.  I cut them out using my Brother Scan N Cut. I colored them with Copic Markers. I personally like the one I "dressed" as an M&M : ) I popped up my cluster image with 3M foam tape and adhered it directly to the background panel.

The speech bubble sentiments , also from the Fab-Boo-lous Halloween stamp set, were stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and also cut out with my Brother Scan N Cut. I stamped them several times as to insure a dark solid black image. Then sentiment at the bottom right corner is no exception. It was also stamped with Versafine Onyx Black. Using the MISTI to do the stamping allows you to stamp images multiple times in the exact same spot.

I want to thank you for visiting my blog today. To see photos of my project, a link to my YouTube video creating this card, a Copic color map, and links to the supplies used to make this card, look below.

I hope you play along with us over at the Your Next Stamp Blog (CLICK HERE!) 

Koren










2 comments:

  1. I love how your card came out, the candy corn images are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! Loved your coloring and enjoyed watching your video :)

    ReplyDelete