Saturday, February 10, 2018

Fire Up the Fun with Your Next Stamp's February Preview Day

Hello fellow card makers.

Today I am sharing with you a card I made for Your Next Stamp's February Preview Day. Today each of us on the design team, and some special guests are sharing preview projects using tomorrows Your Next Stamp February Release. (CLICK HERE!) to visit the Your Next Stamp blog and see what everyone else has created to help inspire you.

Don't miss the Your Next Stamp February Release Blog Hop tomorrow (February 10, 2018) at 10pm. (CLICK HERE!) to visit the New Products page at Your Next stamp at that time to see for yourself.

For this project, I used the brand new Your Next Stamp "Fire Up the Fun" stamp set. This is a Fire Fighting theme set with an adorable dog to boot. This is definitely one of my favorites of the release and I have one more card planned using it later this month.



I started with a piece of Neenah 110 lb cardstock to use as my front panel. This is a landscape style A2 sized card. I took my Sizzix Circle framelits and some smaller circles from Neat and Tangled's Little bits and cut out a bunch of different size circles from Lawn Fawn Black Licorice cardstock. I adhered the circles on the white card panel  with Tombow Mono liquid adhesive to create the look of Dalmatian spots on my background. Some where placed slight off the edge of the card front. Those parts of the circles where trimmed off with large Tim Holtz, Tonic scissors.

I then cut a strip out of Taylored Expressions Poppy Seed Cardstock about 2 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches. Just large enough to fit the images I planned to use. It was adhered to a piece of black craft foam with 1/2 inch double sided adhesive and then to the front panel justified to the center. The images were stamped in Your Next Stamp Black Olive ink on more Neenah 110 lb cardstock. My images were colored with Copic markers and cut out with the coordinating die set. I adhered the fireman flat to the gray strip with 1/2 inch double sided adhesive. This die set is amazing. It even cuts the water drops of water coming from the fire hose. The adorable dog was popped up with foam tape.



To create the fire behind the sentiment, I cut a basic tear drop image out of Bristol cardstock with my Brother Scan N Cut. I inked it with Distress Oxide ink in Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber, and Candied Apple with sponge daubers. I found an image of a digital logo with fire on Pinterest and decided to try to replicate it using paper on my project. I cut it out in the shape of a flame and popped it up with Scotch 3M foam tape.

The sentiment was also from "Fire up The Fun" stamp set. I stamped the Thanks in Versamark ink and used Stampin' Up! calypso Coral Embossing powder to heat emboss it. I then stamped the You in Versamark in and used Stampin' Up! So Saffron embossing powder to heat emboss it. I do not believe you can purchase either of these two colors of embossing powder at this time. The last part of the sentiment was stamped with Versamark and I used Hero Arts ultra fine white embossing powder to heat emboss it. It was adhered flat to the already popped up flames.

That's it for my project today, thank you for visiting my blog. Make sure you (CLICK HERE!) to visit the Your Next Stamp blog and check out the rest of the peaks of the release. You can see the entire February Release tomorrow night at 10pm.

Koren






SaveSave

6 comments:

  1. What a great card Koren and a fantastic set. This is a great set to have in our stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent card! Love the spotted background too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so excited cutting out all of those circles, lol.

      Delete
  3. Love your spotted background. It matches the doggie. Love your card

    ReplyDelete