Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The Rabbit Hole Designs Guest Design Spot!


Hello everyone.

This month I have the pleasure of guest designing for The Rabbit Hole Designs! I have made two cards for them this month, the first of which I will show you today. I was so excited when they sent me the Gourd-geous 3x4 stamp set. I just love the image and it’s detailed in a way that you don’t need to be an excellent colorist for it to look great.

To check out more from The Rabbit Hole Designs (CLICK HERE!) to visit their website.

I started with a piece of Taylored Expressions Earl Gray cardstock cut down to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4. I stamped my Gourdgeous gourd with Versafine Nocturne Clair Ink. This leaves us with a nice crisp black lined image to color.



I used my Faber Castell Polychoromos colored pencils to color my image today. I used just a few pencils concentrating most of the color in the darkest areas of the image and blending them out.

For the sentiment I stamped the “hey gourd-geous” from the same 3x4 stamp set with the same black ink but this time I used Hero Arts Clear embossing powder to heat emboss it as well. I love the shiny sentiment paired with the dark matte image.



I used gray craft foam and Craft Perfect tear tape adhesive to pop it up onto a Simon Says Stamp Fog Card Base cut to size A2 and scored in a top folding portrait orientation. To finish it off I took the black colored pencil and made some stars and spots around my pumpkin to give it a little magic.

This card is super simple but with great images, you don’t need to do a lot to make the recipient feel the holiday season upon us.

I hope you enjoyed my project for today. To check out more from The Rabbit Hole Designs (CLICK HERE!)

Koren

1 comment:

  1. How cute! I just bought some colored pencils to play with. So far, I've learned that I have a lot to learn ;)

    ReplyDelete