Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The Rabbit Hole Designs September Guest Design Spot #2


Hello everyone.

I have another card for you today featuring the super adorable 3x4 stamp set from The Rabbit Hole Designs called Gourd-geous.

To check out The Rabbit Hole Designs, (CLICK HERE!) to visit their website to shop and their blog for awesome inspiration.



For my card today, I started with a piece of Neenah 110 lb. Classic Crest Solar White cardstock. I created a circle mask from one of the many basic circle die sets that I have in my stash. I placed it toward the bottom-right of my Neenah panel. I used The Picket Fence Studios (fine) blender brushes to apply Gina K Designs Turquoise Sea ink around the outer rim of my masked moon. Then I added Distress Oxide ink in Black Soot towards the outside edge of our scene. I finally added Distress Oxide Ink in Pumice Stone on the moon itself to make it slightly less white.

Once I was done ink blending, I put this panel in my Splat Box and tried to cover up the blackest areas of my background using scrap papers. This allowed me to focus the majority of the shimmer spray onto the lighter areas of the background. I hit the panel with a few shots of Imagine Crafts Sparkle Shimmer Spray. This panel was then popped up onto a Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock cut to size A2 and scored in a top folding portrait orientation with black craft foam and Tonic Studios Craft Perfect tear tape adhesive.



I then added a tombstone cut from a die from my stash that unfortunately is no longer available. This die set was originally by Spellbinders. I cut it from a piece of Lawn Fawn Storm Cloud cardstock and loaded it into my MISTI. I stamped the sentiment "#underyourspell" onto the tombstone with Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and heat embossed it using Hero Arts Clear embossing powder. I popped it up into the scene using Tonic Studios Craft Perfect foam squares.

Next I cut some grass from Lawn Fawn's Black Licorice cardstock using Lawn Fawn's Grassy Border die. I popped it up onto the scene using a double layer of foam squares.

The image from The Rabbit Hole Designs Gourd-geous stamp set was stamped using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink and colored with some Copic Markers. I have a Copic Color Map for you with a list of markers that I used to color this image. The image was popped up into the scene using the same foam squares.



The "spooky" word die was cut with a Tonic Studios die four times and layered together. I was cut from the same Black Licorice cardstock. I adhered it all together using Tonic Studios Deluxe liquid adhesive.

I absolutely love how this card turned out. I'm very appreciative of The Rabbit Hole Designs for having me guest design this month. To check out more from them (CLICK HERE!).

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.

Koren

No comments:

Post a Comment