Monday, September 23, 2019

Neat & Tangled September Release: Day One


Hello everyone and welcome to day one of the Neat & Tangled September Release. I absolutely love this release and I’m excited to share my projects throughout this week. The NEW release is now LIVE in the Neat & Tangled online store. (CLICK HERE!) to shop or visit the blog for more inspiration using the NEW products.

Don’t forget to comment and secure your opportunity to win today’s giveaway. Winners will be announced Friday 9/27 at 7:30 AM EST on the Neat & Tangled Blog.

For today’s project I am using the NEW Moon Magic Stamp Set and coordinating dies as well as the NEW Starry Sky red rubber background stamp. This month, Neat & Tangled is also re-releasing the Like Magic Sequin pack. These sequins are awesome because they seem to take on whatever color you are using on your project, like magic.



I started with a piece of Purple Posey cardstock by Stampin’ Up! The piece started as a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch panel but later I will cut it down. I prepped this panel for heat embossing with my magic powder bag making sure to remove as much of the static as possible. I loaded this piece into my Original MISTI as well as the NEW Starry Sky red rubber background stamp. I inked it up with Nuvo Clear Mark embossing ink and heat embossed the entire panel with Hero Arts Clear embossing powder. This will preserve the pale purple color of the cardstock under the image.

I then used my trimmer to cut the panel down to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4. I used my Nuvo Blender Brush to ink blend Distress Oxide Ink in Dusty Concord over the pale purple cardstock. I started on the outer edges and worked a lighter hand in the center of the cardstock. Making sure to darken the edges to reveal the embossed images beneath it. The darker the edge the more you will see the images.

After the I felt like I had added enough ink to the background. I took my microfiber cloth and moistened it with a quick spray of water. Not too much, just enough to give the cloth a little moisture. I then wiped my background with the cloth. This helps to clean the excess ink off of the embossed images and also helps blend you ink even further. Be careful- oxide inks are reactive to water, so don’t use too much.



This panel was popped up onto a Simon Says Stamp Fog card base cut to size A2 and scored in a top folding portrait orientation. I attached it first to a piece of Tonic Studios Craft Perfect Grey Board. This is a thick chipboard like material that will give my background dimension and rigidity.  I used Tonic Studios Craft Perfect tear tape adhesive to adhere it all together.

This beautiful image of a Luna Moth is also from the Moon Magic stamp set. I stamped this image in a MFT’s Cement Gray Hybrid ink onto Arches Hot Pressed Watercolor paper. I used my Derwent Inktense Pencils to add color to my image. Adding a small amount of the pencil to the shadow areas and then drawing the color out with a Tombow Mono Dual Brush Marker Blender Pen. I have a list of all of the pencils I used to color this images listed below.

I used the coordinating Moon Magic dies also available in this release to cut out my images. I popped up the moth using Tonic Studios Craft Perfect foam squares.



As for the sentiment, I stamped the “a friend like you is rare” phrase onto another piece of the Purple Posey cardstock, a scrap piece, with Nuvo Clear Mark embossing ink. This time I used Nuvo Crushed Mullberry to heat emboss the sentiment. I added a little more of the Dusty Concord ink to the strip in order to blend it into the background a little more. I cut it down with my Fiskars Wire Guide paper trimmer and popped it up with the same foam Squares.

To finish off the project I added the beautiful Like Magic Sequins around the moth using Glue Dots. I love the sparkle that they give off.

I hope that I’ve inspired you to create something today. Remember to (CLICK HERE!) to visit the Neat & Tangled Blog and see all the inspiring projects from the rest of the design team. Also shop the new release over in the online store.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I can’t wait to show you day two.

Koren

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous card in awesome colors! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that lime green with the purple is just delicious.
    Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty & you colored the moth spot-on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I would have never thought of combining those colors, but they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the purple background and stunning green coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card. Love your color choice

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Koren!! I love that background, the use of the new background stamp is awesome! I think those sequins are fabulous too. I like how they sparkle with the color of the card. Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. Love the colors and the addition of these sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful color combo on this lovely card! Love the Luna moth design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! I love the pop of the moth against that purple background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the moth against the purple.
    Don't need a lot of shading for
    him to look good. thanks for
    sharing. txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the purple background!

    ReplyDelete