Sunday, November 17, 2019

The Craft Cast Episode 5 and The Gray Muse


Hello everyone.

Today on The Craft Cast Episode 5, at 3:00 PM EST over on my YouTube Channel, we will be talking LIVE with Ruby- the owner and creator behind The Gray Muse . If you are available at that time to stop by and chat with Tim and I, we would love to have you. You can find a link to my YouTube under my photo here on my blog or (CLICK HERE!).



To visit Ruby's shop and to check out everything that is The Gray Muse (CLICK HERE!).

I also have a card project today using The Cats In The Craftroom stamp set by The Gray Muse. I started with a piece of Neenah 110 lb. Solar White Cardstock cut to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4 inches. I used one of my Nuvo blending brushes with the short handle to add a little bit of Versamagic Chalk ink in Aegean Blue to the upper center of the card.


I then loaded the card panel into my Mini MISTI as well as the little cat paw stamp from the same Cat's In The Craftroom stamp set. I stamped it three times using the same Aegean Blue ink making a trail of cat footprints in the background.

I stamped the main image of the cat coloring on some paper. I love this image. I stamped it using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink. Then I used my Faber Castell Pitt Pastel Pencils to color the image. These pencils are super-easy to use. You add color in the darkest of shadow areas and draw the color out using a blending stump or a brush of some kind. I really enjoy using a product called Fantastix to blend out my pastel pencils. I liken this coloring medium to coloring with chalk or pigment powder. It can get very dusty so I use a Nuvo Surface Sweep brush to clean up and excess pigments that are lying about.

I used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut out my image. I do not enjoy fussy cutting and even though the electronic machine isn't always perfect, I believe it still does a better job than my hands do with fussy cutting. I added a small library clip that I bought from Stampin' Up! and had lying around in my stash. I love to buy little embellishments such as this to add to my card projects.



For the sentiments. I used both MFT Blue Yonder and Cornflower to mix it up a bit. I stamped the "I miss you", "I love you", and the "you're the best" from the same Cats In The Craftroom Stamp Set with Nuvo Clear Mark embossing ink. I then used Ranger White embossing powder and my Wagner heat tool to heat emboss them one at a time. I used my Fiskars Wire Guide paper trimmer to cut them into tiny sentiment strips.

The cat image as well as all of the sentiment strips were popped up using thin strips of foam adhesive. The entire panel was adhered to a piece of white craft from cut slightly smaller than the panel itself and attached to a Simon Says Stamp Fog card base using tear tape adhesive. The card is a traditional size A2 scored in a top folding portrait orientation.

To see all of what The Gray Muse has to offer as far as stamps and their beautiful selection of enamel pins perfectly curated for the card maker in mind. (CLICK HERE!) to visit the website.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.

Koren

1 comment: