Friday, June 8, 2018

Your Next Stamp Challenge #91

Hello fellow card makers.

Today I am sharing with you my card for the Your Next Stamp challenge #91. Your Next Stamp hosts a biweekly sketch and/or color combination challenge over on the YNS Blog (CLICK HERE!) to visit. Have a look at the sketch and color combination below for this week's challenge.



This week, I was mostly inspired by the sketch but ended up staying the the realm of the color combination as well. I was really inspired by Melania Deasy from the MFT Stamps design team by her awesome use of the Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots Background stamp as well. You can see her blog by (CLICKING HERE!) To me, the sketch appeared square, so the card I made is 4 1/4 by 4 1/4. The card base is cut from a piece of Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock. The card base measures 4 1/4 by 11 and scored at 4 1/4.

I used the second from largest Your Next Stamp Stitched SQUARE!, lol, you thought I was going to say rectangle, didn't you? I used it to cut a piece of Neenah 110 lb cardstock for my card front. I then used the circle die from the My Favorite Things Jumbo Peek a Boo die set to cut a circle in the center of my card front.

Behind the front panel, I placed a piece of Lawn Fawn's Merman that I had stamped with the My Favorite Things Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots Background stamp with Distress Oxide ink in Evergreen Bough. I also ink blended the top to appear darker using the same Evergreen Bough ink and a Ranger ink blending tool. I cut this pice the same width of the front panel but I cut it slightly longer. On the long end, I used an old EK Success scalloped border punch to mimic the scallops from the sketch. I'm sorry, but I couldn't find this border punch in order to link it, but you can find many things online to get the same kind of look.



I attached Scotch 3M foam tape to the back of the Neenah panel and popped it up on the polka dot ink blended background. I added strong double sided adhesive tape to the back of the new assembly and centered it onto my square card base.

I stamped my image from the Puddles of Fun stamp set by Your Next Stamp in My Favorite Things Hybrid ink in Cement. I stamped it onto a piece of Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock. I have seen many crafters over the past few months stamp floral images and color them with Faber Castell Polychromos. I don't color very many flowers, but I wanted to see if the same process could be used with critter images or even people to get another level of vibrancy from the pencils.



I then colored the image using my Faber Castell Polychromos. I absolutely loved how the color was enhanced by the light gray of the cardstock behind it. I am still learning how to use my Polychromos but every since I colored this image, I can't stop stamping them on the fog to make them come alive. I love how the image turned out, but I do think that it get lost on the background of this card. I'm not sure, what do you think? It too is layered with foam tape.

I stamped the sentiment onto yet another piece of Fog cardstock with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Zing Charcoal Embossing powder. I cut down the sentiment with the largest of the Heffy Doodle Strips of Ease dies and popped it up with foam tape.

I want to thank you for visiting on my blog today and don't forget to (CLICK HERE!) to visit the Your Next Stamp blog and see all the awesome cards that get entered into the challenge. I hope one of them will be yours.

Koren

No comments:

Post a Comment