Saturday, June 23, 2018

Your Next Stamp June Feature Day Animal Antics

Hello fellow card makers.

Today is Feature Day over at the Your Next Stamp Blog (CLICK HERE!) to visit and check out what the rest of the design team came up with around this month's theme. This month's theme is Animal Antics. So, I broke out my very first Your Next Stamp Waddles Food Truck and a few other supplies to create my card.



I love this stamp set. Food Trucks are super popular where I live in Maryland. I created a congratulatory card for a new job. I started with my typical Simon Says Stamp Fog card base. I cut down a piece of Neenah 110 lb cardstock with the stitched rectangle die. I stamped the food truck image with Your Next Stamp Black Olive ink and colored it with my Copic Markers.

I cut the t-shirt that you see popped up over the truck and stamped waddles on the front to mimic a pocket (I know the scale is a little off, but you get the point). I was going for a uniform type t-shirt. I also stamped him with Black Olive ink and colored him with Copic Markers. The mustard splat you see is Hero Arts Butter Bar and the stamp is from Your Next Stamp Got Mud, another favorite of mine. I popped the t-shirt up with 3M Foam tape.


The "congratulations" sentiment is from Your Next Stamp Cool Tag Banner Sentiments set. It is stamped on Lawn Fawn Black Licorice cardstock and heat embossed with Hero Arts Ultra Fine White embossing Powder. I cut it out with a Heffy Doodle Strips of Ease Die. The following sentiments are very similar. Also stamped with Versamark ink, but the middle sentiment is stamped with Lawn Fawn's Milo's ABC's and embossed with Zing Charcoal embossing powder on a piece of Fog cardstock. The last sentiment is from Clearly Besotted Many Mini Messages and it mimics the first sentiment.


I added some wood veneers that I had in my stash. I have had them for a while. They are originally from Tailored Expressions. I have never tried stamping on wood veneer before. I used Black Olive ink and added some color with my Copic Markers. It did bleed a little. I don't think it looks too bad, but I will definitely try it a different way next time.

I attached all of my wood veneer pieces with Ranger Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive. I wanted to use a strong adhesive that I knew wouldn't be going anywhere. Here is a video I created of me making this card. Maybe it will explain it a little better or at least the very least, entertain you for a little while.



I want to thank you for visiting my blog today. Don't forget to visit the Your Next Stamp blog (CLICK HERE!) and check out all the Animal Antics inspiration.

Koren


3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Koren! I love how you added the shirt :)
    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koren,

    I love your card and it's design. Great retro look too!

    ReplyDelete