Thursday, May 23, 2019

Spellbinders So Many Sentiments Die Set



Hello everyone. 

Today I am sharing with you a few cards I’ve made using the NEW Spellbinders “So Many Senitiments” Die Set. This set is an add-on set from last October’s “Truckin’ Through the Seasons” die set that originally appeared in a Large Die Kit of the month. I made a few Christmas Cards using it, and if you would like to check those out,  (CLICK HERE!). Today I’m using the NEW add on set as well as the original Truck Die Set to create some fun summer inspired cards, and since you’re already here, no more clicking is necessary- the fresh stuff is right here! 




I started by cutting out some patterned paper backgrounds from one of my favorite 6x6 paper pads called Summer Dreams. I believe it has been discontinued but it’s made by Echo Park (at least was). If you can find it, snatch it up, I know I will- its a great pack. I cut three of the patterns that appealed to me the most, and cut them down to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4.  

For two of those patterns, I ink blended a little bit of Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers around the outside. I used my Nuvo Blender Brushes to add the inked edges. 




On the background with the popsicles, I used the NEW “get well” die from the Spellbinders So Many Sentiments Die Set, and cut it into the top center of the card front. I popped it up onto a coordinating piece of pattered paper from the same pack and added it to a Simon Says Stamp Fog card base and called it done, it was super simple, yet- with just that simple die cut and mounting the image to the base- I had a card that was ready to give away. 

The background with all the illustrations on it was also popped up onto a Fog card base using Scotch Double Sided Adhesive.  But to this one, I added a few of the original die cut shapes from the Truckin Through the Seasons die set to the bottom left corner of the panel. I created a surf board and a beach ball out of various patterns from the same pack of paper from Echo Park and added a layer of Crystal Glaze to the outside to make it shiny and look like they are ready to ride some waves. 




To finish off this card I added the NEW Hello die cut from Neenah 110 lb Solar White Cardstock. I first cut the plain rectangle shape that comes in both sets and then I centered the “hello” within it and cut it out four times. I used my Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere all of my layers together.  

To attach it to my card front I used Tombow Extreme Clear Adhesive Tabs cut into small strips and added to the back of the word die. This adhesive is clear and although you may be able to spot it, it doesn’t stand out quite as much as a white adhesive does. 




For my final card, I assembled the truck die and created a scene using  elements from both sets. I used various colors and types of cardstock. They will be linked below except for the EK success assorted wood paper that I used for the surf boards, as it is no longer available. I am sure we can find something comparable though, so, don’t fret. This time I cut out four of the scalloped and pierced rectangles and the “wish big” sentiment, both from the NEW set. I used the same clear adhesive tabs to pop it up on the tailgate of my truck. Most of the other elements of this truck were either popped up using Scotch 3M foam tape or adhered using liquid adhesive. 




I hope you enjoyed my card projects using the NEW Spellbinders So Many Sentiments Die set and the Trucking Through the Seasons Set. These sets are a lot of fun and there are so many different sentiments with this NEW set that it makes the versatility of this set so vast you will have years of use out of these products. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. To check out my from Spellbinders (CLICK HERE!) 

Koren 








No comments:

Post a Comment