Thursday, March 5, 2020

The One with the NEW Simon Says Stamp March Release "Lucky to Know You" Video

Altenew, Simon Says Stamp, Layered Tulips, layered stamping, greeting card, easter, he is risen, cz designs, Cathy Zielski, inlaid die-cutting

Hello everyone. Today I have the wonderful pleasure of looking through the NEW Simon Says Stamp March release, affectionately named "Lucky to Know You". Great minds think alike I suppose, as my next event is also called "Lucky to Know You". Even though these two things are unrelated, I was excited to have the opportunity to share them both with you this month.

To check out the entire Simon Says Stamp March release (CLICK HERE!) and visit their website and blog to shop the release, and to find even more inspiration using the NEW Simon exclusive products.

I have a video showing the entire release as well as a few cards that I made using some of the products that were intriguing to me. I will leave a link to that video below.


Spoiler Alert!  The release is fantastic so, I made a few cards that I want to share with you here. Starting with this "he is risen" card made using the NEW Layered Tulips stamp set and CZ Designs "he is risen" die set.

Altenew, Simon Says Stamp, Layered Tulips, layered stamping, greeting card, easter, he is risen, cz designs, Cathy Zielski, inlaid die-cutting

I took a piece of Neenah 110 lb. cardstock cut to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 and loaded it into my MISTI. I love that the stamps are slightly longer than an A2 size card front which makes for the perfect fit for your tulips. I stamped the two stem layers using Altenew Parrot and Moss ink, and I stamped the two bud layers with Altenew Lavender Fields and Midnight Violet ink. The layers were super easy to line up and the result is a fantastic floral background.

I thought briefly about ink blending some sky towards the top of the card but ultimately decided not to and left it white.

I used some coordinating purple and green cardstock from my stash to cut out the "he is risen" sentiment from Simon Says Stamp and CZ Designs. I cut it four times and layered them together creating a nice chipboard like embellishment.

As for its shadow, I took the background panel that I just stamped with the Layered Tulips and cut it down to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4 and arranged the shadow die from the "he is risen" die set towards the center. I cut it directly from the background. I also cut it from a piece of white craft foam. This allowed me to put it right back where I cut it from but popping it up to make it stand out with a little dimension.

Altenew, Simon Says Stamp, Layered Tulips, layered stamping, greeting card, easter, he is risen, cz designs, Cathy Zielski, inlaid die-cutting

I added my new camouflaged panel to a Simon Says Stamp Fog card base cut to size A2 and scored in a landscape orientation.

I absolutely love how this turned out and although the sentiment is a bit time consuming to put together, this could easily be massed produced for a lovely Easter card. 

I also put together a fun card using the NEW Spring Gnomes stamp set and coordinating dies. This card features the adorable gnome with bunny ears and the sentiment "i'm all ears" is just perfect.

simon says stamp, spring gnomes, paper piecing, stamping, copic markers, die-cutting

This simple card starts with a piece of Neenah 110 lb. I stamped my adorable gnome with Simon Says Stamp intense black ink so that he could be colored with my Copic markers.

I ended up paper piecing his beanie using some plaid papers from Lawn Fawn. In addition to the hat I also cut the heart shape from the set so that he could wear a little heart almost like a pin or broach. I used the coordinating dies to cut him out.

I took another piece of the same heavyweight white cardstock and cut it down to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4. I stamped the sentiment "i'm all ears" with the same black ink towards the bottom of the piece leaving room for my gnome above it. I popped him up using foam tape.

simon says stamp, spring gnomes, paper piecing, stamping, copic markers, die-cutting

The entire panel was then popped up onto a Simon Says Stamp Fog card base cut to size A2 and scored in top folding portrait orientation. I used white craft foam to do this.

I also have this fun bunny butt card that I made in the video linked above. I hope that you will watch the video and check it out. I use the NEW Bunny Butt Peek-A-Boo stamp set and coordinating dies to make it.

simon says stamp, peek-a-boo, pre-made sentiments, flock, stamping, die-cutting, interactive, greeting card, easter, bunny, bunny butt

simon says stamp, peek-a-boo, pre-made sentiments, flock, stamping, die-cutting, interactive, greeting card, easter, bunny, bunny butt

I hope that you've enjoyed taking a look at Simon Says Stamps NEW March release "lucky to Know You". For more information about the release (CLICK HERE!) to visit the online shop or blog for more inspiration using the NEW release.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today,

Koren


No comments:

Post a Comment