Saturday, April 4, 2020

The One with the Simon Says Stamp Blog Party


Hello everyone. Today I am partying with Simon Says Stamp for the #sssunitedwecraft Blog Party. We are using some past Simon Says Stamp exclusive products to create with today. Visit the Simon Says Stamp blog for more information about the blog party and to find tons more inspiration to keep you happy and crafting during this difficult time. (CLICK HERE!) to visit SimonSaysStamp.com. Use the hashtag #sssunitedwecraft if you make a project and party with us and your Simon Says Stamp exclusive products on social media.



I have two cards for you today. The first of which I broke out the stitching panel die from the March Lucky to Know You release by Simon Says Stamp. I first took a piece of Ranger watercolor cardstock and my Avery Elle liquid watercolors and went to town using the Cherry, Lemon Grass, and Celery colors. I used a wet on wet technique where I wet my paper first with clean water before bringing my watercolors to the paper. This technique allows the watercolors to blend together more easily. I used a different technique on the second project today.



The second project received a dry watercolor splatter technique to the background. I placed another piece of watercolor paper into my splat box and started to use the same three watercolors to splatter on the background. I simply picked up my brush full of watercolor and splattered it on the panel. Dipping my brush in water to regenerate the watercolor still left on the brush and then splattering again. Dipping the brush into the water to refill the brush dilutes the watercolor still left on the brush, bringing a different shade of the same color into the mix.


simon says stamp, blog party, just because word mix 2, crocus flowers, stitching panel die, watercolor, cardstock, mix media background

I purposefully used a various amount of color concentrations to splatter the background. This gave me a range of colors even though I was only using the same three colors mentioned above. I used water to dilute the mix more and more before splattering the color.

After both watercolor panels where dry, I cut them down to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4 to prepare them for the next step.  I wanted to run both watercolor backgrounds through the die cutting machine using the Stiching Panel Die by Simon Says Stamp. This panel die cuts a gazillion holes the the piece and adds a tremendous amount of texture to the background.

Once the holes where cut, I thought about how many holes I actually wanted to come out. I wanted to show some texture by taking some of the holes completely out but also keep enough holes to hide my foam adhesive. The splattered panel was able to be popped up using thin strips of foam adhesive in the areas where the holes did not come out. The panel with less holes to hide adhesive was just added flat to the card base using liquid adhesive.

simon says stamp, blog party, just because word mix 2, crocus flowers, stitching panel die, watercolor, cardstock, mix media background

Both card bases are made from Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock and cut to size A2 and scored in a top folding portrait orientation.

I then cut the Crocus Flowers dies by Simon Says Stamp from Neenah 110 lb Solar White Classic Crest cardstock. I cut them several times to have plenty to work with. I layered the die cut pieces together on the "a little note" card using liquid adhesive. I cut the die cut four times and layered them together to create a focal image for my card. They were also adhered to the panel using the same liquid adhesive in the lower left of the panel.

simon says stamp, blog party, just because word mix 2, crocus flowers, stitching panel die, watercolor, cardstock, mix media background

As for the sentiment on this one, I stamped the "a little note" from the Simon Says Stamp Just Because (Word Mix 2), but I used a smaller circle die to cut it out leaving no white border around the edges. This was popped up on the flowers using foam tape.

To finish this card off I added a few black enamel dots.

simon says stamp, blog party, just because word mix 2, crocus flowers, stitching panel die, watercolor, cardstock, mix media background

For the second card, I added on of the crocus flowers flat to the panel on the left side of the card. I cut the "the world need more people like you" sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp The World Need wafer dies. I used a nice hot pink cardstock that I liked with the background already created. I cut the sentiment four times from the pink cardstock and layered them together using liquid adhesive. I used the same glue to adhere it to the right side of my card panel.

To finish off this card, I added a few coordinating hot pink enamel dots sprinkled on the panel.

simon says stamp, blog party, just because word mix 2, crocus flowers, stitching panel die, watercolor, cardstock, mix media background

I hope that you enjoyed my card projects for you today. I hope to inspire you to create something. Remember to (CLICK HERE!) to visit the Simon Says Stamp blog and find more crafting inspiration over there.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today,

Koren

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks to you and Simon Says Stamp for inspiring me as we stay in and flatten the curve. 🏡💙

    ReplyDelete