Thursday, April 23, 2020

The One with the Simon Says Stamp Sunny Days Ahead Release Video

Hello everyone. The Anticipation is over. The Simon Says Stamp Sunny Days Ahead Release is finally here and I have a video to share with you, and I go through the entire release on camera, and share a few samples of cards made with the new release products. 

The release has quite a bit for the graduates in your life as well as your Mom! This spring is sure to bring sunnier days and Simon Says Stamp is setting us up for us that. 

I also have a few additional card projects to share with you here on my blog so if you are interested in those, just keep reading. 

You can find the entire Simon Says Stamp Sunny Days Ahead release (CLICK HERE!) to visit the online shop and blog with tons more inspiration using these products. 




Background: 
For this card, I started with a piece of Neenah 110 lb. Solar White Classic Crest cardstock cut to 4 3/4 by 3 1/2. I used the NEW Graduation Celebration Layering Stencil Trio, specifically the balloon stencil from the trio. I ink blended Distress Oxide inks in Cracked Pistachio Evergreen Bough and Wilted Violet with a Simon Says Stamp blending brush. I then used the confetti stencil from the same trio to add some Gina K Designs White Glitz Glitter Gel and set it aside to dry. 

Sentiment:
As for the sentiment, I cut the NEW "Grad" word die by CZ Designs. I cut the shadow from black cardstock and used white for the word die itself. I just love black and white sentiments. I added a sub sentiment of "you're one rad" from the NEW Grad Party stamp set also in collaboration with CZ Designs. To finish it off I also added a heat embossed tiny grad cap from the same stamp set. 

Everything was popped up onto a Simon Says Stamp Fog card base cut to size A2 and scored in a top folding portrait orientation. 




Background:
For this card, I wanted to make a card for my Mom. So I grabbed a piece of Neenah and cut it to 3 1/2" by 4 3/4"  and the NEW Simon Says Stamp Mom, Mum, Love Stencil. This stencil is fabulous for not just Mother's Day but to shower your Mom with love all year. I laid down the stencil trying to center the word Mom the best I could and ink blended some Distress Oxide ink in Wilted Violet and Seedless Preserves with a Simon Says Stamp Ink Blending tool. I then transferred the panel to my splat box keeping the stencil in place. I sprayed the piece with my favorite combination of shimmer sprays to make the Mom sparkle. I used Imagine Crafts Frost and Sparkle shimmer spray along with Hero Arts White Iridescent shimmer spray. Once you pull off the stencil, the crisp ink blended word beneath it shimmers and sparkles. 


Sentiment: 
I kept this super simple by using one of the pre-made sentiments in this month's release. I love the idea of telling my Mom just how much she's killing it out there, and this sentiment is perfect. I cut it into a strip and popped it up onto my ink blended panel. 

The panel was then added to a Simon Says Stamp Fog card base cut to size A2 and scored in a side-folding landscape orientation. 

I hope you have enjoyed checking out the NEW Simon Says Stamp April Release with me. I will have a few more cards over on Instagram so make sure you follow me there as well. Find the #SSSsunnydaysadhead to see tons of inspiration from designers all over the world. 

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today, 

Koren




1 comment:

  1. Hi Koren, I found your site yesterday and was mesmerized by your video. You are hysterical and brightened up my day. I love your cards and now you have an added a new viewer. Thanks for some sunshine❤️

    ReplyDelete