Friday, February 12, 2021

The One with the Spellbinders Dancing Hearts Die set

 


Hello everyone. Today I have a card project using the Spellbinders Dancing Hearts die set. This die set creates a dancing heart complete with moving legs or arms, or arms and legs. It's so fun. My seven year old son created one right along with me. It's very easy to put together. 

I have linked the products used on this project below. To find this set and more from Spellbinders (CLICK HERE!)

Background: 

I started with a piece of  110 lb. white cardstock cut to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2. I wanted to create a light gray buffalo check type background to set the stage for my dancing hearts. I used low tack masking tape to mask off 1/2 inch strips. I ink blended the strips with light gray Fog ink using my ink blending tools. I wanted to get a significant amount of this ink onto my paper to make sure it wasn't too light. I wanted it to be light gray, not, non existent gray. I ink blended until I felt there was enough laid down, and then removed the masking tape and shifted it 1/2 inches downward. I did this in both directions creating a buffalo plaid kind of background. To finish the background I cut it down to 3 1/5 by 4 3/4. 


Focal image:

The Dancing Hearts die set come with everything you need to create a dancing heart and then some. I wanted to create a heart couple. So I used the largest heart die in the set for my "guy" and the smallest heart shaped die for my "lady". For my guy I used Fun Stampers Journey Blue Lagoon cardstock. I added a little ink blended section with a small amount of Black Soot ink to one side of each of my hearts just to add a little interest to them and help them not be so flat. For the lady I used Fun Stampers Journey Sweet Berry cardstock. I cut the arms, legs, feet and eyes all from Black cardstock. The whites of the eyes and the white gloves were cut from the same white cardstock. I also cut the mechanism provided in the set to make them dance with the same heavy weight white cardstock.  

Sentiment:

I cut the "be mine" sentiment that is provided in the Dancing Hearts die set from the same black cardstock four times. I stacked these die cuts together and adhered them with liquid adhesive to create a thick chip board like sentiment. 




Assembly:

To put this card together, I first stuck my background panel to an A2 size card base cut and scored in a top folding portrait orientation. I used craft foam and tear tape adhesive to pop it up. I then arranged my Dancing Hearts onto my panel in a way that would allow their legs and arms to swing as freely as possible. I mechanism included with this set is a simple piece that has a hole in the center to fit a round piece of dimensional foam tape. You use a strong adhesive to attach whatever it is that you want to swing on your card to this piece. Once the arms and legs are attached to it, you can place the mechanism around the piece of foam tape and stick it to your card. Once the heart is adhered on top of it. The heart with be stationary but the piece with the arms and legs will be swing from the foam tape but won't move because the heart is keeping it in place on the foam tape. 

All of the accessory images were added with liquid adhesive. The Dancing Hearts die set comes with many different accessories for you to add to your hearts to dress them up. I stuck the sentiment below my dancing couple with liquid adhesive. 

I hope i've inspired you to create something today. To find more from Spellbinders (CLICK HERE!) and visit their website. 

Thank you for checking out my blog today, 

Koren



No comments:

Post a Comment