Sunday, February 14, 2016

Color Throwdown # 379

Hello fellow cardmakers, today is very exciting... not just because I'm playing in this week's Color Throwdown, but also because I made my very first card making video today. It's something that I've wanted to do for a long time, but never conjured up the courage to do it. Oh yeah, and Happy Valentines Day! As I mentioned in the video, I have been obsessed with rainbows lately, and as such, I have pretty much colored rainbows on every card I've made in the past few weeks, so why not this one too? I made two cards with the same layout but using different techniques for the rainbow die cut. The first using fun foam and the second using an inlaid die technique, which I showed in the video.



Today I am playing in Color Throwdown #379. This weeks colors are Pink, Purple/Mullberry, Metallic Gold, and Hot Pink. My supplies are listed below.




Constructive criticism number one, better lighting. Oh and I need to turn off my TV when filming, hahaha!!  Enjoy!







Cardstock:
PTI- Stampers Select White and Plum Pudding
Avery Elle- Magenta and Pixie
Stampin' Up!- Gold Foil
Simon Says Stamp- Black
Ink:
Versamark
Hero Arts -Black Dye Ink
Embossing Powder:
Ranger- Liquid Platinium
Stamps:
PTI- Beautiful Butterflies and Beautiful Butterfly layers
Dies:
PTI- Beautiful Butterflies
Paper Smooches- Rainbow

Have a wonderful week and stay warm! Thanks for being here.

Kori




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Karen! What courage you have to make a video. I still haven't done that! No one would understand my Southern drawl! So glad you could join us this week at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just laugh at myself, I can only get better from here right? lol

      Delete
  2. Both cards are sooo pretty...I love the rainbows and the beautiful butterflies!!!! Congrats on your first video, too!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete