Tuesday, April 9, 2019

MFT & Friends April 2019 Release



Hello everyone.

Today I have the pleasure of inspiring you with two projects using some NEW products from the My Favorite Things April 2019 release. These products are available now in the MFTStamps online store. (CLICK HERE!) to visit MFT and see all of the NEW toys we get to play with this month. Make sure you stop over and read the MFT blog for more inspiration from the design team and all of the friends that have been invited to play along this month.

My first project uses the NEW Birdie Brown Picture Perfect stamp set. This set has both household pets and wild jungle animals to color along with some fantastic coordinating sentiments. I colored up the monkey image from this set three times. I stamped my images with My Favorite Things Extreme Black Ink and colored them with my Copic Markers. I have a Copic Color Map for both of my projects. This is how I share what markers I used on my images. I like to Pin them to Pinterest for later reference.


I used the NEW Photo Booth Strip Die-namics to create a montage of funny selfie like photos. I cut this die from Papertrey Ink's Dark Indigo cardstock and arranged the "photos" in different ways to make it appear like they were doing a terrible job taking selfies. I mean, who takes good selfies? Especially if you were a monkey. I adhered these behind the photo strip die with liquid adhesive to give it a seamless appearance.

I then used the NEW All Lined Up Background to stamp it onto some Stampin' Up! Speckled cardstock, which I love and they don't sell anymore (insert sad face here). Honestly, if I had to make this card over again. I would probably not use a natural cardstock. I feel like the specks distract the eye from the delicate pattern in the stamp. I used My Favorite Things Blueberry Ink. This background stamp is a nice basic pattern that you can use on a variety of cards.



I took the NEW #Captions Die-namics and cut the word "smile" from the stamped background. I absolutely love how this looks. I also cut the same smile and # from the dark indigo cardstock, three additional times,  so that I can layer it and give the sentiment more dimension. I used Nuvo Deluxe adhesive to stick them together.

I also stamped the old and retired Denim background stamp also from MFT onto the same speckled cardstock but this time I used My Favorite Things Grout Gray ink. I cut this piece down to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4 and popped it up onto a Simon Says Stamp Fog card base using white craft foam and Scrapbook.com double sided adhesive.

To finish off this project I used liquid adhesive to adhere all of the elements of the card including a sub sentiment and some puffy heart stickers from my stash


For my next project. I used and older stamp set by MFT, but also by Birdie Brown, called Up in the Air. This stamp set features a few animal heads, meant to be riding in the hot air ballons included in the stamp set. I used the puppy a bit differently for this project though... I cut the "hello" from the NEW #Captions Die-namics from MFT Cheveron 6x6 Paper Pack and layered it together the same exact way as before. This time I used Papertrey Ink Classic Kraft behind it.

This adorable bag is the NEW Paper Bag Treat Box Die-namics from MFT's April release. I cut it from the same Kraft cardstock and used 1/8 in double sided tape to put it together. The handles, which are included in the set, where put on using liquid adhesive. I love the serrated detail at the top of the bag, it would look cute with or without the handles. The set comes with a few added accessories to dress up your paper bag treat box. I chose to put a dog bone shaped paper clip on mine that I had in my stash.


I filled my treat bag with some paper grass in various shades of green. You can find this stuff everywhere around Easter. I buy mine from the dollar stores and Five Below. I use it all year. I don't care, it's fun. This little treat box was designed for a dog, but you can easily change it to anything for the special animal in your life. These are dog treats from the pet store made to look like human foods. I thought they were a cute addition to go into my treat bag.

My Images were stamped with the same My Favorite Things Extreme Black ink and colored again with Copic Markers. I colored the house to look like children's blocks. I adhered both the house and the "hello" word die with liquid adhesive. These letters are individually cut out, so each letter was glued on. Then I used Scotch 3M liquid adhesive to pop up the cloud and the puppy face.



This cute little treat bag is ready for the little one in your life, even if they aren't human.

I hope you enjoyed my blog today. Make sure you (CLICK HERE!) to check out the entire NEW April release from MFT & Friends post over on the blog. I always have a good time playing with MFT.

Koren





38 comments:

  1. These are so cute! :) Love those monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute idea on the treat bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love those playful monkeys, and your treat bag is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Korey, your bag full of dog treats is SO adorable! I'm not really a "dog" person, but a good friend of mine is, so this would be super fun to make for her and all of her fur-babies. Thanks for all the great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, right after I hit "Publish" I realized I'd misspelled your name. I am so sorry, Kori. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these new snapshot stamps. They are adorable!! I love your monkey card. It's hilarious! The doggie bag is very nice. It's a good idea for gifts for dog parents. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww!!! Both your creations are totally sweet and funny!!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these are both so adorable!!! I LOVE the monkeys in the first; so fun!! And that little treat bag is just too cute!! Love that sweet little pup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun and happy card. I love how you arranged the photos in different ways. Great idea with the treat bag and beautiful color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That photo strip with the monkeys is just about as cute as anything - just love it! And the doggie treat bag is great, too - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTENESS OVERLOAD! I love those monkeys and the little dog treat bag... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a dog lover through and through so your treat bag really touched my heart. It's adorable! The monkeys on your card are definitely up to no good! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Up in the Air stamp set (and I own it!), so I'm excited to see this fun way to use it. And the selfie stamp set is out of this world amazing. I love how you just moved the image to create the classic photo booth shots that show people (or animals in this case) changing positions. Thanks for sharing these fab projects with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute little treat bag! Thanks for being part of the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute monkey card and doggy gift bag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your MFT new release projects!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply adorable! the cute Picture Perfect monkeys make me smile! the treat bag is amazing too! thanks for the inspiration Koren!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very fun card and bag! Great projects with the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute and fun projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, the treat bag is great too, it gives me ideas for table decorations...

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fun projects! I especially love the monkey card. So darling!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These will surely brightens someone’s day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the animals on your card and gift bag.

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome projects - love the coloring:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute!!! That puppy bag is a great idea for treats for a four legged friend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. that top creation really made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your projects never disappoint Koren!! The monkey's are so cute and the "doggie bag" is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic card and treat bag! The monkeys are fantastic on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your projects! Those monkeys are just adorable and colored so well. And that treat bag for dog treats is great!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow! You are so creative!! I lovvvve those monkeys! They are the cutest ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super cute projects! Fabulous and creative designs.

    ReplyDelete