Tuesday, November 6, 2018

My First Project Life Pages using NEW Spellbinders Clear Stamps

So... I did it.  I finally took the time to create my very first Project Life pages.  I chose a trip that we all took last December to visit my Mom in North Carolina.  We had several great photos, and it seemed like the perfect trip to use...

I want to thank @sarascraps for always pushing me to pick up my scrapbooking supplies. I am dedicating my very first page to you Sara. It's not too bad for my first try.



Anyway- onto the project.  The project life pocket configurations really drive your image sizes, so, I laid out my pages in the way that I thought looked best, and then began trimming, clipping and cropping my images, as well as sections of colored cardstock that I incorporated into the design (and later stamped and journaled on).

Page One 
All of my sentiments for this project were from from Spellbinders' Captured Sentiments set.  I used their "you are my sunshine" stamp , and applied a healthy coating of Staz-On opaque Cotton White, and stamped on a photo of Dexter playing at the beach.  I then selected the "Memories" stamp, applied some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink, and stamped that beautiful image onto some plain white 110lb cardstock.  "Can you believe this" was stamped on Stampin'Up!'s Night of Navy cardstock in tumbled glass ink, "Today" was white ink on a separate piece of that same navy cardstock.  Using some Distress Oxide Chipped Sapphire, I stamped the word "Captured" onto Simon Says Stamp's Sea Glass cardstock, and then "Shine" onto a separate piece of that same colored paper. Below "Shine", I stamped "Bright" in white ink.

Page Two 
I also die-cut a speech bubble, and the 2017 from the same navy cardstock, using the Spellbinders "Say What?" and "Count the Stars" die sets. From there, I began adhering my die-cut pieces to their backgrounds using some liquid and tape runner adhesives.

Page Three 
 I stamped "this moment" onto a piece of heat resistant acetate, with the intention of sliding this in front of the photo where everyone is getting a little splashed... and I totally screwed it up.  But in "this moment", I realized that my happy accident ended up looking like 3-D water splashing effect.  So, I abandoned my desire for my original idea, and in fact, I accentuated it a bit using a splatter technique and some white acrylic paint!

Page Four 
I finished off this project with some handwritten entries, including a few details about the trip, and I was really relieved to have this first Project Life page in the books.  It feels so familiar, yet, strange and foreign at the same time.  It was a fun project though!

Page Four 

No comments:

Post a Comment