Sunday, January 1, 2017

MFT Color Challenge #60

Hello fellow cardmakers. Today, I am playing the color challenge #60 over at the MFT blog. Here is a look at the color palette we are using.


These colors are so cute and I have wanted to use them together on a card for a long time. I have even thought of adding some copper to this exact color selection from a picture I saw on Pinterest. I started with my standard 4 1/14 x 5 1/2 A2 cardbase cut out of Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock. The front panel of my card is Neenah 110 lb. solar white cut with MFT's Wonky Stitched rectangles. The largest one makes up the front panel and one of the medium rectangles was used to make the window in middle of the panel. I then stamped the adorable bear holding the balloon and the present, colored him with copics, and then fussy cut him out. The front panel is popped up with thick foam adhesive and the bear is popped up with a thinner 3m foam adhesive. The sentiment was masked and stamped twice to create the two toned effect with the embossed "beary special" and the inked "for a, friend". The MISTI makes techniques like this possible.





Supplies:

Stamps:
MFT Beary Special Birthday

Dies:
MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangles

Cardstock:
Simon Says Stamp, Fog
Neenah, 110 lb. Solar White

Ink:
Momento, Tuxedo Black
Taylored Expressions, Earl Grey
Versamark

Embossing Powder:
Zing!, Powder

Other:
Copic Markers
Darice clear sequins
Gelly Roll, Black Glaze pen

Thanks for clicking on my card and visiting my blog, until next time...

Kori

No comments:

Post a Comment